Saturday, July 7, 2012

Tourist/Taurus...Balls/Bulls...Things lost in Translation

I will write a more thorough post when we get back to Oxford, but I wanted to give an update on my weekend so far! Also, this post is from my phone so I'm not sure how it will turn out! My friend, Emma, invited me to join her in London for the weekend. She has a lot of contacts all over because of her brother. She got in touch with his friend, Toby, who let us come stay!
We took the train to London and he met us at the train station. We immediately left and met some of his other friends to go to a few pubs and dinner. One of Toby's flat mates is out of town so we were about to stay in her bed. This morning we had a typical English breakfast of eggs and soldiers (soft boiled egg and sliced toast). It was delicious!
We started off the day at a vintage market. We walked around then got food from a vendor that lines the market. While at the market, more of Toby's friends showed up and spent most of the day with us. Our next stop was the British Museum. We ended up cutting up and being silly more than actually touring the museum. We got to spend about 30 minutes inside before it closed.
Next, we went to see Big Ben, House of Parliament, and Westminster Abbey! Our trip there was....interesting...but more on that in the longer post. We had a great time taking pictures and playing around! I'm including a few pictures of our afternoon, but I'll put all of them up tomorrow.
We ate dinner near Toby's flat with his friend, Aamayna, at a nice fish and chips restaurant. They even had sweet potato chips! It was so good and do much fun.
I'm not sure what's on the ledger for tomorrow, but I have no doubt it'll be great. Emma and I both feel like we've seen so much of London already. We've been so lucky to have great people show us around and entertain us so gracefully! So far so good!

3 comments:

  1. Since the Jubilee, Big Ben is now named for Queen Elizabeth. Does it have a new nickname?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katielou! It looks and sounds like you are having a blast! I'm so jealous! Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back. Much love!

    ReplyDelete