Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Traveling

    We have made it to the Charlotte Airport and are patiently waiting for our flight to Gatwick in London. It has been a long day already! I got up at 7:00am and was on the interstate by 8:15. My flight was at 12:30. BUT y'all know I would rather be anywhere early than late. I drove to my Uncle Boone and Aunt MayMay's house and they dropped me off at the airport. They were so sweet to sit with me until I was ready to go through security and to my gate. We shared travel stories and calmed my nerves. We also had a great time people watching. I didn't know anyone who was going in the group. However, once I got to the gate it was easy to pick out the other UA students. We flew from Birmingham to Charlotte, and our plane from here leaves at 6:30. I still have to finish a book for my english class so I will have PLENTY of time to read on the plane. Oh joy! 
     When we arrive in London it will be 7:30am so we will have a full day of get to Oxford and get settled! Unfortunately, I realized the ONE THING that I forgot........my camera cord and charger. I'm going to ask around to see if anyone has one that will match my camera, and if not, I'll come up with a new plan! I'm sure it won't be the last or only thing that I forgot, but I'm just trying to not freak out about little things like that!
      Once I arrive, I will have internet so y'all can email, Facebook, or Skype me! I can receive texts but expect an email back rather than a text response. My Skype is Katiej352. I will post my address when we arrive! 

3 comments: